Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Birthday Cake and A Pair of Socks


Today is my son's 14th birthday and by request I have made him an ice cream cake. If you count stirring as home-made I guess this qualifies. Basically it is a crust of chocolate cookie crumbs mixed with a few tablespoons of melted butter with a ring of whole biscuits around the inside of a spring-form pan. You freeze the crust and then slightly melt some ice cream to a just "pourable" consistency, pour it into the crust and freeze. If you want to add another layer of a second flavor of ice cream repeat the last step. I've finished this one with some crushed hazelnuts and chocolate chips. The easiest birthday cake ever!


And here are my second pair of hand-knit socks. I have been converted to a sock knitter now and can't wait to start another pair.
.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Caden!!I remember Natalie going to one of his parties that you had in the park , and you strung up donuts for a game....
    Great looking socks!!

    ReplyDelete