Monday, June 14, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award


My friend Rosemary tagged me with a Beautiful Blogger Award. How nice - I've never gotten one of those before. BTW - Rosemary, do you mean I am beautiful or my blog is ;)
So I am supposed to share ten things about myself with you so here it goes:

1. I drive a JW Jetta and my key is one of those ones that you push a button to lock the doors. One time I was standing at my fridge and closed the fridge door with my key in my hand and pushed the button on the key and wondered why the fridge wasn't honking. Really!

2. I haven't watched TV in 12 years. Once when I was having my nails done at the salon they were playing Sex in the City on TV and it totally shocked me. Things have really changed since I stopped watching that's for sure!

3. I almost never listen to the radio in my car - I'd rather have peace and quiet.

4. Since I was a little girl my favorite colour has been red although I probably would never wear red clothing and I don't like red in my garden.

5. My husband and I run a small architectural firm and we specialize in designing churches.

6. I really wanted girls but now that I have my two boys I am really glad I didn't have any girls. My older son is about to turn 20 next month and he is currently in Japan/China and South Korea on a Cruise ship playing trumpet. This is his second contract - last year he was in the Mediterranean and so far he has been to 19 countries. My younger son is 14 and is one of the nicest people I've ever met. I'm glad I had them 6 years apart because I've had a good chance to spend a lot of one on one time with each.

7. I have a lot in common with my little sister even though we were brought up separately since the time I was 11 and she was 6. We both love knitting and we both have a very warped sense of humour.

8. I love Italy and have been there twice in the last 3 years and am going back later this summer.

9. I started dancing as soon as I could walk and although I've never been a serious "dancer" it is still one of my favorite pass-times. When my brothers were little I used to dance around the living room to Glen Miller with them and I think that may be where my brother Matt first learned to love dancing.

10. I knew my husband was "the one" the very first time I saw him.

So now its up to me to pass the torch and here are my choices for the Beautiful Blogger award.

The Cottage Nest

Tea Time Ramblings
Sense and Simplicity
Canadian Cottage
The Gardener's Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Great post!
    No. 10 is the same for me!
    My husband has done some churches too with his former partner in the firm..
    I am looking forward to getting to know you better...this is a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I completely missed that you gave me this award. Thanks so much for passing it on to me. I'm flattered and honoured.

    ReplyDelete