Sunday, October 9, 2011

Giving Thanks


What a weekend this has been!

Thanksgiving here in Canada and I've so much to be thankful for. After a lot of soul searching we decided last weekend to put our house up for sale. If you've read this blog, you know how attached to this house I am, but it really is time to simplify our lives and that means living mortgage free and in a much smaller place. We went about our business as we normally do each Saturday morning to come home to our realtor calling. The house was listed last Monday and they had an offer for us. After an afternoon and evening of wheeling, dealing (and my head reeling) we finally came to an agreeable price. The house is sold.

Fast forward to Sunday morning and me with my nose in my MacBook perusing Craigslist for a place to live. We have champagne tastes on a beer budget! Suddenly the excitement of last nights deal seemed bleak and the thought of moving away from this beloved house finally sunk in. It was a tough morning.

But we had a Thanksgiving miracle.

Our friends Karen and Graeme came for dinner tonight. (Let me back up and tell you that Karen lives in a gorgeous suite in a renovated heritage house in the most beautiful part of Vancouver that we've always coveted. Its close to everything including our favourite beach, it has a wood burning fireplace and a gorgeous view - And the rent is affordable) We told them our news and jokingly suggested she move and let us live in her place - the two of them exchanged a funny look together and then told me that would work out perfectly because they are moving in together!

Like I said - I've got a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment